Industrial History of Rotary Common
Drawn by the potential of Salmon Brook to generate power, this site was first settled in modern day by the Hunt family in 1803. The settlement grew to include a sawmill, a gristmill, a store, the Dunstable Post Office and a linen mill. In addition to the Hunt homestead Ingall’s Blacksmith Shop and Ironworks was located on the south side of Salmon Brook. The Harbor Machine Shop and Manufacturing Company located to the site in 1852. Vale Mills manufactured textiles on the site from 1868 to 1909.
The International Paper Box Machine Company was founded by Elie Labombarde in 1903. This company evolved into a highly successful manufacturing company of paper and pasteboard box machines, many invented by the company. The company closed and the buildings were demolished in the early 1970s.